Tuesday, December 22, 2009

This is why I love little boys....

Brothers.
Ethan has transferred his love for Legos, trains, Star Wars, and anything "building and fighting" related to his little brother. Becks is just as enthralled in it all as Ethan is and they have their own little world they fall into quite often. I'm always baffled at how they can go from "wishing they never had a little/big brother" to being best buddy co-creators of their own universes.
This particular universe included a combination of all of the different toy sets they have - Legos, abc blocks, trains, Star Wars guys, wooden train tracks, large Duplo blocks, plastic army guys and plastic cowboys and Indians. Enlarge the picture for all of the gory details. Plastic loin cloth covered indians atop Thomas the Train roundhouse shooting out R2D2 and a one of a kind space invader star ship. I was impressed at how they brought all their resources to the table to set up Toy Room World War III. I worry all the time that video games are taking over my boys , so this is comforting to me when I see them playing like little boys should. It seems to be an all out battle for their attention from the electronics.

......After being given the grand tour by Ethan, it was requested that I take a picture of the 'secret hidden lair' they had built. Exclusive photos only seen here!

3 comments:

Brooke and Jonny said...

That is AWESOME! This brought me back to my creative barbie days. Man we are so creative as kids. Speaking of kids would your kids like to sleep at me casa Wednesday night? =)

Makell said...

Brooke - they would LOVE it!! They will be so excited. That would be a great night for Santa to wrap all of the presents while they are away! I'll email ya here in a second...

Brooke said...

That is SO cute. Thank you for sharing those exclusive photos-GREAT hiding place, boys!

P.S. How's the shopping for your "Glowing Heart" going?

P.S.S. Brooke, can Kallie sleep over too? Thanks a mil... :) Just kidding. XOXO