Thursday, August 28, 2008

Financial Advice

Yesterday I received some money making tips with a ROI of at least 500% from my 6 and 8 year old. Out of the blue Ethan asked me if my jewelry was gold - I told him that yes, some of it was.
Then he asked me if I was aware that I could put it in a special envelope, send it off (to somewhere in the universe) and in just a few short days I would get $500!

$500?!! Tell me more, tell me more! Do I get a free slicer and dicer with that?

He and Eva then got into a discussion as Eva belted out, "Ethan, your so dumb! You can't send jewelry in an envelope and get $500, you can only send old broken jewelry if you want them to send you money! Heelllooooo!"
Ethan was not deterred by her comments. "So Mom. Can I send my pirates of the carribbean necklace in so I can get money to buy the jet ski lego set?"
This kid has a one track mind. Legos. Legos. Legos.

Beckham said to me a couple of days ago, "MOM - you need to get your money and buy me Henry. And Emily. (Thomas trains)"
If only I had some old gold jewelry I could mail off in an envelope to make some money! Dang!

1 comment:

Josh and Emily said...

Hello! I got your blog address from Brooke's. It will be fun to see what you guys are up to now :) Our address is aggiemania.blogspot.com. Your family is so cute. I wish you could have stayed longer at Bear Lake, but we will get together again. I hope things are going well with school starting!!