Monday, October 29, 2007

Beckham's Art




















We have quite the little Monet at our house. Please see the following works of art done on our walls by our 22 month old prodigy. The medium he prefers to use is washable markers, but he also has dabbled in mascara, lipstick, toothpaste and lipgloss. He AND the artwork will be up for auction on Saturday. All proceeds will go to the CraZ MOMMA foundation.


Beckham has a pretty good routine going for him. Destroy, be cute, Destroy, be extra cute, Destroy, hide from mom, take a nap, Destroy. This is what we do all day long and then all day long the next day. He is a machine!!! I'm telling you, this kid has a gift. In the last few months I've seen my house look like a wrecking ball has gone through it. You know when a family moves out of a house and the new family moves in and doesn't take care of things as well as the previous owner? And everyone in the neighborhood drives by and says, "Oh boy. They've sure let that house go. Hey, is that a car parked on their front lawn?" Well, that is what I kind of feel like lately if someone were to walk through my house, only nobody new has moved in....it's still us!! I have to say it's quite impressive the amount of creative chaos he can come up with. I can't keep up with this kid!! Short of locking him in a closet, this all happens when I am either trying to get ready, get dinner, do homework with kids or clean up his last little project. He actually did his face very well with my mascara in this last photo. Almost looks like a cute little kitten.... Don't fall for it!!!!! All this being said, I absolutely melt each day when he wakes up and says, 'Mama' and cuddles with me. I get a kick out of him - he is a great little addition to our family, and Eva and Ethan absolutely adore him. . He is really so much fun and a total mama's boy. If they could just stay little...





6 comments:

Jill said...

Oh My! And I thought I had my hands full. Becks wins the 2 year old of the year!

KC said...

I'll happily take Becks off your hands for a while--my marketing team could use some objective, abstract creativity. Plus, his Auntie misses him a ton!

Harmony said...

Oh my goodness. I think I would cry if I saw that paint on my couch and marker on my walls. But what a precious little baby he is in those red jammies. Maybe one day when he's an artist you can be really proud of these pictures because you never stifled his art. We love you guys and are so glad that you have a blog and we can now see some pics.

THE BECKSTRAND FAMILY said...

Okay sista, you have NOTHING on me! You think that's bad...now add one more van gogh painting, lipstick loving, mascara wearing baby and welcome to my life :) We need to remember to keep them separated next time they're together!

Suz said...

What a mess! So glad we moved before you lowered our property value!! :) Dagny (18 months) has kept her creativity to markers on her face and the tile floor, so I guess I should count my blessings (so far!!). LOVE the blog and am excited to check it often! Luv, Suz

THE BECKSTRAND FAMILY said...

Okay, sister--I want a Halloween post! Get goin!!!