Sunday, September 26, 2010

Belly Ache

Beckham told me yesterday morning that he wasn't feeling well.  He said his tummy hurt and that he needed to lay down on the couch and watch Curious George.  So we did.  He asked me to lay by him, so I did.  Then he said, sort of nonchalantly, "Mom.  Last time when Ethan was sick Dad bought him a box of doughnuts and they didn't make him throw up. Actually, they made him feel BETTER!"
Honestly, the kid must be losing his edge because he couldn't even finish the sentence without smiling.  He could see I was onto him.  But Mom is no sucker.  Dad is usually no sucker, either.  But if doughnuts are involved, all bets are off and he would have been out the door asking the 4 year old if he wanted cream filled or jelly.  Good thing Dad was out playing golf that morning.  Good thing! (ok, so maybe I AM  the sucker after all...)
I'm really not a jaded golf widow.  He's pretty darn good to me, and I know it.

1 comment:

The Stones said...

Oh my heavens, thank goodness for Becks. His comments are my fave!