Thursday, November 29, 2007

What a Mean Dad! Oh, and What a Mean Mom, too!


















Here is a note from Eva that she wrote to her dad when she was not happy with him for sending her to her room. Kerry is her hero, so she must have really been mad this day!

Dad,
You have ben men (mean) to us sens we were born. Wen you get in the hot tub we won't. From Eva and Ethan
***************************************************************************
About the same time I found that note, Ethan had just been put into time-out for throwing a fit about having to pay me a dime for the toys he left out. (This is dollar store money, so it is a big deal ) He got out of time out, went to his room and came back out with a note that he stuck to his door. It was a picture of a stick figure with long hair (mom) and a big X across it. He even made sure to sign it and told me that this was to let me know that I could NOT ever come in his room!!

He must have got that idea from his older sister who just recently taped a note to her door that said,
"No mom allowed. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha"
Well, this is all starting to remind me of a song I like to sing. It goes like this:
"There is beauty all around. When there's love at home. There is joy in every sound, When there's love at home. Peace and plenty here abide, smiling sweet on every side.Time doth softly sweetly glide, when there's love at home. Love at home. Love at home. Time doth softly sweetly glide, when there's love at home."
Yup. That's us!


5 comments:

Jill said...

Kerry is always mean to me and Reed too. I'm never going to lunch with him again.

Mike

THE BECKSTRAND FAMILY said...

Oh how I love your kids! I'm sure you totally deserved those notes too! I love reading your blog because it makes me feel not so alone :)
Love at home, LOVE at home :)
p.s. the video of your kids is so cute and Becks looks so big...I miss them :(

Jill said...

My parents used to always sing, "Let us oft speak kind words to each other" I love the notes and the crossed out Mom on Ethan's door. Oh, I laughed! Don't worry, I think you are a good mommy! Jill

Suz said...

I think mom and dad need a "time out" in Mississippi and go swimming in our pool as it was 80 degrees today!! OK...the kids can come too...:)
Suz

The Stones said...

Makell, your blogs seriously crack me up! I hope you saved that note! Let's get Becks and Kallie together soon, I'm in need of an adventure!